Sunday, June 14, 2015

Type R K20C1 FK2


K20C1 will be the engine code and FK2 is the new Type R Chassis.


Stamped "Earth Dreams" for direct injection, the new K20C1 has the exhaust manifold in the front, rather than the rear of the engine. Unlike other K-Series engines, possibly because of the turbo manifold cooling. The "K20C1" is reminds me of the Intergra GSR stamp "B18C1" and makes me wonder if there might be a K20C5 or K24 turbo-charged version. So far I have seen a 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 liter turbo-charged list coming from Honda for the Tenth Generation.

Every aspect of the FK2 Chassis has been studied and created to create negative drag and keep this car stuck to the road and ultimate traction control. Here is a example from wind tunnel testing.


2 comments:

  1. I went to a carshow just too see the Type R, Especially the engine.

    What suprised me was that the front engine mount placement seems too be the same.

    I went to a carshow just too see the Type R, Especially the engine.

    What suprised me was that the front engine mount placement seems too be the same as the K20A engine

    http://nl.tinypic.com/r/2z6geo7/8

    http://album.partyflock.nl/82494102_1296935923.jpg

    I'm wondering if the mounting is any different than the K20A, And i'm very curious about the first person/company who will try too swap this engine in a older chassis.

    I would love too swap this engine in the future, So keep this blog updated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very similar, I would love one in a EG or DC Chassis. Possibly even a EK would be nice! I haven't seen the swap yet, but waiting patiently for it to come to the U.S.

    ReplyDelete